Small Business, Big Security: Tailored IT Security Solutions for Businesses
Considering the current digital scenario, IT security solutions for businesses have become a compulsory investment. Small businesses are easy targets for cybercriminals. As per the Verizon Investigative Report, 43 percent of cyber attacks are targeted toward SMEs. IT security providers are offering tailored IT security solutions, which today is a wise investment, ensuring tailor-made protection that addresses any vulnerabilities.
Recognizing the Security Needs
Small businesses, as stated earlier, are the easiest prey for cybercriminals. This is because small businesses often neglect the aspect of cybersecurity despite having IT infrastructure. According to a study by the National Cybersecurity Alliance, around 60 percent of SMEs are not able to continue business for more than 6 months after facing a cyberattack. Small businesses need scalable, affordable, and customizable cybersecurity solutions.
Key Aspects of IT Security Solutions for Businesses
- Antivirus: Antivirus software recommended by IT security providers is instrumental in defending businesses against malware attacks. Malware attacks affect 28 percent of businesses that are affected by cyber threats.
- Firewalls: A firewall is the first line of defense when it comes to defending the business against any cyber threat. Around 58 percent of malware attack victims are small businesses.
- Encryption: Sensitive data must be encrypted, or it might fall prey to unauthorized access. About 72 percent of employees have access to data in their workplace which should remain out of their reach. Encryption adds a layer of data security, making it hard for cybercriminals to access without the passkey.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM): IT security providers also manage mobile devices to ensure extra protection and guard against avenues that are potential ways for cybercriminals to gain access to sensitive company data. According to Verizon data, 61 percent of cyber breaches occur due to unprotected mobile devices.
There are various aspects to consider during cybersecurity implementation. IT security solutions for businesses must include mandatory areas to develop a proactive cybersecurity model that can keep the business guarded.
- Employee Training: This is the most paramount aspect of cybersecurity. Around 90 percent of data breaches have occurred due to human error. Hence, the first proactive cybersecurity step should be to train the employees.
- Regular Updates: This is an essential aspect of proactive cybersecurity. In 60 percent cases, an update patch was available but the system was breached as it was not installed.
- MFA or Multi-Factor Authentication: MFA fortifies the system with double protection. Accounts can be compromised without multi-factor authentication.
Around 43 percent of small businesses facing cyber attacks require a good IT security provider. Hence, small businesses must partner with managed IT service providers who can ensure IT security solutions for small businesses. Investing in cybersecurity is an insurance plan for the business that will protect the business and its data.
1509 W Hebron Parkway
Suite Number 150
Carrollton, TX 75010